Hundred Frame with Wool Balls | Walnutsku: 022.10018
Hundred frame From Jennifer crafted from solid hardwood with one hundred dimples to fill while counting, creating patterns, practising mathematical equations, discovering cardinal directions, and more.
Handmade Montessori-inspired, wooden educational toy. Ideal for home schooling.
Included: Wool balls, you will receive eleven of each color (red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, blue, indigo, violet, pink, and white).
Materials: Walnut wood and wool felt balls
Size: 29cm x 29cm
Made in the USA
Please note: Images shows 1-100 Numbers which are not included with the board.
Delivery and Returns
For more options including Free Collection from Forest Row
see shipping and returns here
Further Product Details
Here are some ideas to practise number skills:
* Fill each dimple with a ball while counting from 1 to 100.
* The engraved lines help the child see the number of items in a group quickly without counting each item individually.
* Practise skip counting by placing balls only in the number you're working on such as 3, 6, 9, etc. Notice the patterns that emerge.
* Designate a quadrant of the board for you and one for your child. Place the balls in your quadrant a certain way and ask your child to copy it in their area (either exactly or as a mirror image).
* Think of the board as a compass and ask your child to mark the dimple that is 4 degrees west and 7 degrees south from the middle point.
* Learn positive and negative numbers by designating the middle point as 0. Then play with the X and Y axes (X is horizontal and Y vertical). Finding -3 on the X axis is three dimples to the left of the middle.
* Play games such as rolling a dice and adding that many balls to the board (starting at the top left corner). Then roll again and add that many. Continue until the board is full.