About From Jennifer Hundred Frame with Wool Balls | Walnut
Hundred frame From Jennifer crafted from solid hardwood with one hundred dimples to fill while counting, creating patterns, practising mathematical equations, discovering cardinal directions, and more.
Handmade Montessori-inspired, wooden educational toy. Ideal for home schooling.
Included: Wool balls, you will receive eleven of each color (red, orange, yellow, light green, dark green, blue, indigo, violet, pink, and white).
Materials: Walnut wood and wool felt balls
Size: 29cm x 29cm
Made in the USA
Please note: Images shows 1-100 Numbers which are not included with the board.
Here are some ideas to practise number skills:
* Fill each dimple with a ball while counting from 1 to 100.
* The engraved lines help the child see the number of items in a group quickly without counting each item individually.
* Practise skip counting by placing balls only in the number you're working on such as 3, 6, 9, etc. Notice the patterns that emerge.
* Designate a quadrant of the board for you and one for your child. Place the balls in your quadrant a certain way and ask your child to copy it in their area (either exactly or as a mirror image).
* Think of the board as a compass and ask your child to mark the dimple that is 4 degrees west and 7 degrees south from the middle point.
* Learn positive and negative numbers by designating the middle point as 0. Then play with the X and Y axes (X is horizontal and Y vertical). Finding -3 on the X axis is three dimples to the left of the middle.
* Play games such as rolling a dice and adding that many balls to the board (starting at the top left corner). Then roll again and add that many. Continue until the board is full.